Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First Sharefest Prayer Concert: Refreshed. Renewed. Rewarded.

Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m. I sat in a circle with a handful of believers from five different congregations. I did not imagine that when I left at 7:45 that I would use the above words to describe this time in prayer. Below I capture a few questions that you may have about these Sharefest Prayer Concerts.

What happened in this first of six planned "Prayer Concerts?"

We began with a focus on God, with who He is. During those moments of spontaneous praise, songs, and scriptures God set the agenda for our time together. One brother had us pray back to God the vision of unity He had put on our hearts. My heart was renewed and refreshed and rewarded by hearing others cry out to God.

By God’s spirit, we were given a vision of city church that was about:
· Humility
· Blessing the community with no strings attached
· Willing to hear the hurts of our city
· Empowered by God to respond to real needs, to see real hope

Was it worth giving up 75 minutes of my evening?

Yes, yes, and yes! I came home renewed to share more with my wife and children. I told my wife, Angela, that I wanted her to go to one of these prayer concerts. I was renewed in my commitment to engage my family in such times of prayer.

Would I suggest rearranging my schedule to be at one of the remaining five events?

Yes, yes, and yes!

How many times in the year do you have the chance to unite in prayer with members of the body across the city? This is a rare opportunity to connect. These evenings are designed to call intercessors together. These evenings are about God gathering us to be renewed, refreshed, and rewarded by being together in His presence.

What about future Prayer Concerts?

In the six weeks prior to ShareFest, unite with believers from other churches in community-wide ShareFest Prayer Concerts scheduled on Tuesdays at 6:30-7:45 p.m. at the following locations:

o October 14th- Little Rock Church
o October 21- Mosaic Church
o October 28- Liberty Fellowship
o November 4- First United Methodist Church, Little Rock
o November 11- The Summit Church
o November 18 - Fellowship Bible Church

No comments: