Thursday, November 27, 2008

One Pastor's Thank You

It's early on Thanksgiving morning and my heart is truly filled with thanksgiving. I am thankful for God's provision and blessing in this last year. I am thankful for the wonderful family and friends God has provided in my life. Most of all I am thankful for the salvation He has provided through Jesus Christ.

I am also thankful for the incredible blessing God has provided in allowing me to be a part of a 10 year journey in Central Arkansas where churches have united together to share the love of Christ with our community. I am thankful for the thousands of volunteers who have given their time. I am thankful for the hundreds of leaders who have worked tirelessly make this opportunity available to others.

In a thank you letter to his congregation one of those leaders, a congregational pastor at Fellowship Bible Church and a good friend, expresses well the feelings of many leaders for those who have served. With David's permission I share it on this Thanksgiving.


During this Thanksgiving season, I am very thankful for you and the manner in which you participated in an extremely encouraging ShareFest day last Saturday. In fact, for me, this may have been the best ShareFest that I have been a part of since we began 10 years ago. That is due in large measure to the attitude with which you served the students, faculty, and administration at Arkansas Baptist College.

We worshiped God as we painted, landscaped, cleared lots thick with bushes and debris, built a deck and an arbor, worked on updating some gym bathrooms, and cleaned up a playground. We accomplished a lot on Saturday because you worked hard, as unto the Lord; and because our site coordinator, John Turner, and our project leaders, Randy Abbott , Jimmy Alessi, Grant Bray, Jeremy Collins, Mike Cumming, Tommy Goad, Randy Ripley, Chuck Taylor, Mary Ann Turner, Jann Webb, and Keith Woodruff had organized and prepared our projects so well. My deep gratitude to them for all the hours they put in prior to Saturday.

We have been talking over the last several years here at Fellowship about the Biblical pattern of being blessed by God so that we can, in turn, be a blessing. Dr. Fitz Hill and his staff were clear that we were a blessing to them during this ShareFest effort; and we look forward to future opportunities to work with them.

As is always the case though, as we are in the process of blessing another, we are also blessed; I heard that from a number of you - what a blessing it was for you to be able to work at Arkansas Baptist and to see what God is doing there. That is how God's economy seems to work: keep the blessings in circulation.

I pray that you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Be a blessing,

David Bruns
Community Pastor
Fellowship Bible Church
Little Rock, AR.

No comments: